Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snow bunny I am not

Sorry this isn't much to do with writing but well, with all the snow going on here, I figured it was worth a word or two. LOL. If you've seen my biography at my website or at Lyrical Press, you know I'm an upstate New Yorker. (And no, that's NOT West Chester County!) Technically, I'm really a central New Yorker, right smack in between Buffalo and Albany on the New York State Thruway. Yeah, I know, everyone's yawning here so I'll move this along.

Anyway, it's been snowing. A lot. We're a hardy bunch here- six inches this time of year is considered a dusting. Eighteen in 24 hours, well it's annoying to most. To me it's a royal butt pain. I'm not a snow bunny, I don't think it's pretty, I don't like to ski or skate or even walk in it, let alone drive in it. If I had my way, we'd have a green Christmas and 70s starting on January 1st.

*sigh* Now if I could stay home and write on my various projects here, then rah! Let it snow! But I juggle two jobs, both a sizable commute for me and by the end of February, I've had more than enough of snow. :P

So Gwenna here is waving her white flag in surrender- (okay, I've been since December 1st!) and concede to Mother Nature she's won. Now can we please move onto spring here? Pretty please? With daisies on top?

No comments:

Post a Comment