Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gwenna Project updates

For some reason, Mark and Josh are being quite pushy with me again. Gotta go with what's screaming at you I guess. I'm not complaining.

Gwenna Project: Lost and Found (Mark and Josh)- As far as I know, it's still on track for release in June. It's still in edits and of course I got my beautiful cover art so I'm very happy there. I'm going to a convention the weekend before it's release and I'm gonna have postcards and bookmarks with the cover art to hand out. One of my room mates/fellow author wants to have a book party.

Gwenna Project: Then and Now (Mark and Josh 2)- Word count 1,534. I've got a solid start with five pages. I also ordered a couple of books about Key West and the Florida Keys since that's where this story will be staged. And a detailed map of Key West. So I hope to have those shortly since I got them off of Amazon.com.

Gwenna Project: VN2 (Nate and Ian)- Word count: 29,360. I've been rewriting the hot mess I made out of a large action scene that involved several characters in a crowded area. I'm pretty satisfied with the first 2/3rds, but now I'm in the thick of it and it's going to take me some sorting out. I know I can do this, I've always been proud of being able to pull together a large action scene. Because of that I haven't been able to move it forward. I'm still aiming for mid April for a completed first draft.

My other two Gwenna Projects are still in the research and hold stage. I've got at least one new book about Vietnam on order for Imperial City. I've got my eye on a couple for WWII Army Airforce in England. I did pick up one in a bargin bin (I love bargin bins at bookstores!) that is photos and specs for every plane used in WWII. Aircraft of World War II. Considering this is an a $90 book I picked up for $14.98, you could say I'm more than pleased with myself.

And what few people actually read this blog may note that I'm trying to write in here more often. Trying to. I often feel I don't have a lot to say but I'm going to do my best to post every couple of days if at all possible on advise from my very sweet editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment