Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spreading the love around

This was posted on the Marketing for Romance Writers discussion group last night. With permission, I'm posting it here for anyone who is looking for some free promo opportunities.

I'm planning to attend several GLBT related events this summer, including several Pride festivals and CON.TXT. I'd like to offer goodie bags at these events, but I need things to stuff in them other than my own promo. This is where you guys come in. If anyone wants to send me promo goodies, you're more than welcome to. I'm going to make up around 300 bags. However, you can send me much or as little as you'd like and I'll make sure it goes to good use. As long as it'll fit inside a 9x6 inch goody bag, I'll take it. :D You can mail to me at:Amanda Young PO Box 713 New Castle, VA 24127 Feel free to pass this call around to any groups or people you think might be interested. Thanks,Amanda

As it happens, I'm going to Con.Txt too this June so it works out really nice. I've already arranged to meet up with Amanda at some point during the convention and give her some of my promo items.

I'm also still debating the pros and cons of having a room party as a sort of coming out for Lost and Found. It would be great timing as the release is that Monday we get back from Con.Txt. Since I'm driving down with a friend, bringing stuff like munchies and drinks for a room party wouldn't be that hard to do.

At the very least I do plan on having post cards with my stunning cover art as well as book marks. And thanks to my editor, Cyn, who pointed me in the right direction- I will also have these great camoflauge pencils to hand out with my URL on them. I'll decide on the rest later.



No comments:

Post a Comment