Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ramblings and musings

I've got no less than three novels going on right now. VN2 (Nate and Ian), Melody Blue (Holly and Dennis) and Then and Now (Mark and Josh sequel). On top of this, I bought new web design software back at the beginning of June and haven't touched it since. I need to completely re-do my author website as it's such a mess now.

The upshot is, I'm feeling pretty scattered and unfocused and so, nothing is getting done. Yeah, I have two jobs, but still.

The second job is done after this week, just two more classes (Monday and Wednesday) and I get a breather for three weeks. I'd best capitalize on it. My thought is to focus on one project- be it VN2 or Then and Now and just push hard on THAT one.

I want VN2 done but I worry about how it will be received. It's different and definitely more of an erotica story. And again, I have a character that's not "easy", much as Mark is in Lost and Found. No, Ian's not an alcholic but he's got a mountain of issues to surmount. I like writing complicated, restless and edgy characters. Ian is all that and a bag of chips.

Then and Now will clear up some of the questions and issues I delibrately left open in Lost and Found. One of those will be why Josh stays with him. Mark isn't drinking anymore, but he's still got a lot to work through. He's not an 'easy' character, I never meant for him to be. But maybe people will come to like him more in this book.

Not sure which one will win out for my undivided attention for the next few weeks, but I gotta focus on one or the other or nothing will be accomplished.

Oy. It's a good thing almost no one reads this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment