Saturday, March 26, 2011

warning label

Over the last week or so, I've been getting hit with a lot of requests on my "LinkedIn" account from other authors and publishers and editors. All good, don't get me wrong and it's funny that it's the LinkedIn account that's getting all these hits, I just wish they were my LJ, blog and Facebook accounts instead. I am accepting these, after all, I got build a base somewhere, right?

But in doing so, I find myself replying with a note stating that I'm an author of military romances. About men.
I feel like I need to apologize for that. All. The. Time.

But I'm sensitive to the fact that this is, (sadly) a hot button issue.

I've been toying with the idea of going over to the nearby used bookstore with a stack of bookmarks and postcards with the cover of Lost and Found on them. I've got a really sexy cover for Lost and Found, bodice ripper worthy but for the fact it's two yummy guys instead. My concern is that if I ask, I'll get told to bug off because of, well, it's just that- two guys. I'm struggling for a presence- to get my name out there. If I could get some used bookshops to shove free bookmarks and/or postcards into their bags, it would be grand. But I don't want to offend anyone either.

Not sure if any of this makes sense, just wanted to ramble here since I've got nothing else to ramble about lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment