Thursday, December 17, 2009

My husband found for me this incredible HUGE book in the bargin bin at Walmart of all places. The Vietnam War Experience is the most unusual of my research books. It's tons of pictures (I LOVE the cover, btw) but its got all sorts of things tucked inside the pages, in pockets or stapled or simply shoved there. The Marines Guide to the Republic of Vietnam, posters and maps and my personal favorite- a pocket guide to Namverse. So Gwenna is very happy.

And Gwenna is nothing if not patriotic and I continue to find interesting links that help support our troops that I'll add to my website as well. My latest find was on the NBC Nightly News tonight and is a non-profit called Totally For Troops . It's helps get handmade Christmas cards to servicemen and women in Afghanistan and Iraq so that THEY in turn, have cards to send to their families and loved ones. It seems PXs are very picked over and it's almost impossible for our troops to get something as simple as Christmas cards to mail home. I think it's worth adding to my list of those websites I wave my flag for.

No comments:

Post a Comment